Monday, January 18, 2010

Big Day Out Weekend

So I went to BDO 2010, and hung out in Auckland for the weekend. It was a freaking rocking weekend thanks to all the lovely kids I met and the delightful Miss. Evelyn who put me up for the weekend. Bit of a photo journal to follow.

The most amazing trip up. BEAUTIFUL day. Check out the mountain.
TIRAU! Meg especially loved all of the corrugated iron.
The beginning. A little bubbles + sushi in the sun to kick off BDO day.
I have to admit, I do think that this might be the last time I hang out with 45,000 other people. Just a few too many!
There were a number of very bad tattoos. This is just one example.
Also some very bad rave pants. I can't believe that someone actually makes these!
The Horrors, and seeing Faris up close was the reason for me to go to the BDO. Horrors were everything I expected. Faris was disinterested and the rest of them were instrument geeks. Perfect.
Quick break for Girl Talk - Good dancing times
And then the other reason I went, The Decemberists. SO much fun. They were awesome and so well received by the audience.
Mars Volta were good, but I was in the stands, so no pics. Finished the night dancing our arses off to Groove Armarda. Too too good. Perfect way to end the night.
Had the joy of 2 awesome kittens to play with at Ev's house. So cute!

Spent Saturday getting a little sunburnt at Cheltenam Beach. Just delightful.
Look at lake Taupo on the way home. So pretty!
And goodness, what a welcome Wellington, this is what I came home to:
Gross. Awesome weekend though. Super fun.

Next: Let there be Camp!


No comments: