Friday, September 16, 2011

World Press Photo 2011

World Press Photo is on again, however this year I don't feel as though it has been overly publicized. 

Running from 15th Sept to 9th October in The Nathan Club, 40 Customs Street East, the photos are exactly what you hope for. Thought provoking, challenging, shocking.

Please don't go with the thought that all of the photos will be kittens and puppies, these photos capture some amazing worldwide events including Haiti, floods, and volcanic eruptions. 
Or these two ladies in Ireland - the series which this photo is from took me right back to My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Pretty amazing - especially the little ginger haired girl.


Only $5 and for a limited time only, I do recommend a visit. I popped down in my lunch break today and had plenty of time and space to read all of the captions.


As a heads up for people who have been in previous years - I do feel as though the venue was a bit of a let down. There was conflicting music and a lot of conversation from the other half of the space which was curtained off. Don't expect the calm and focus which was the top floor of Smith & Caugheys.


More info on World Press Photo is here.

No comments: