Sunday, January 2, 2011

Farm Flashbacks


Here is a quick rundown.

The Chickens are pretty cool, they let you pick them up. Mum rescued them from some farm where they were kept in cages (OK, so I use the term rescue loosely).
They supply the farm and my belly with fresh eggs everyday:
And it takes a lot of eggs to make scrambled eggs for 6 for Christmas brunch:
Christmas brunch also requires bubbles. Thanks TVNZ for the Mumm:
This is the Rooster. Now, this Rooster actually lives on the Parapara Highway. Mum has been feeding it for a while and if she is not going into town but people are coming out to visit, they are tasked with delivering bread and water to the Rooster. He's pretty awesome and mum hopes to one day catch him and take him back to her farm so he can keep her chickens under control.
Then there is Mr. Pussy. Yes, that's his name. It's pretty hard to get a photo of Miss Kitty, she is still a little wild and scares easily, my Mr. Pussy is pretty choice and is a bit of a dude.
Flowers:
Some of the cattle beasts that I helped drench. Yes, drenching cattle beasts. You heard right. I can get my hands dirty (but my nails will be painted whilst getting dirty).
The tractor
And look at this most perfect of strawberries, growing in the glasshouse.
Bliss. Hope everyone else is lucky enough to have an escape like this somewhere. It really is pretty spesh.

No comments: