Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tattoo Obsessed

I have a darling friend called Amber who writes Code For Something who has some most amazing and beautiful tattoos I have seen on anyone. Hydrangeas on her shoulders and a narwhal on her arm. They are amazing tattoos and make me want one.

My issues with tattoos though is that how do you decide on something that is not only beautiful and original (because who wants a tattoo that someone else has?) but that you're happy to still have in 30 years? I can't commit to one pair of boots for winter, how could I ever commit to something that I can't take off.

So for the moment I shall remain ink free, and dream of the day when tattoos will last only 1 year, checking Fuck Yeah, Girly Tattoos for inspiration:





1 comment:

Amber said...

You are a sweetheart. I think with tattoos I am prepared to live in the moment - they make me really happy right now, and who knows what will happen in the next 30 years? That said, I have a 2 year rule - I must dwell on a tattoo for that long before getting it, hence I don't have that many.

PS. I love your new blog look!