Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ripped off

There is this really un-awesome part of my life where, when it comes to the men in my life, I get seriously ripped off right when things should actually get good.

It kinda sucks, but at the same time it reminds me of why I am my own person.

People betray your trust.
People let you down.
People make promises they can't keep
and they often care so much less than you want them to.

However for me, I find that when people break my trust, when they let me down, when they break their promises and when they just don't care, it is one of the most solid reminders of what kind of a person I am, what I believe in and who I want to continue to be for the rest of my life.

Shit happens, apparently, it's whether you let it stick to you or not that makes you who you are.

No comments: